We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. Who are we?
Taw Garages Limited, registered in England No. 923161
Registered office: 50 The Terrace, Torquay
Showroom: Taw Garages
Tel: 01271 374173
Fax: 01271 346439
Email: Contact form
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views]);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of contacting us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our
- website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
any other information that you choose to send to us
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
4. Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you information requested via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to
- our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Legal basis for processing personal data
In order for us to process personal data we must have a lawful purpose for doing so. This is outlined below.
When you provide your personal details to us we use your information for our legitimate business interests. Before doing this, we will carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
The following are some examples of when and why we would use this approach.
Direct Marketing: We will send Direct marketing via the postal service and by email. We will also make sure our direct marketing is relevant for you and where possible tailored to your interests.
Ordering online: In order for us to process an order, payment details are taken and contact information collected, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address.
Your best interest: Processing your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
Personalisation: Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our guests and visitors.
Analytics: To process your personal information for the purposes of customer analysis, assessment, profiling and direct marketing, on a personalised or aggregated basis, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information as long as this does not harm any of your rights and interests.
Research: To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising and to develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you.
Due Diligence: We may need to conduct investigations on potential customers and business partners to determine if those companies and individuals have been involved or convicted of offences such as fraud, bribery and corruption. Any communication we send in this manner will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe very easily.
We also rely on consent for lawful processing where we have no legitimate interest. An example of this may be when you sign up to receiving marketing through our website. Every marketing email we send gives you the opportunity to withdraw consent by unsubscribing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
6. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.